Keto Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 6-8 cups cauliflower
- 2 slices bacon thick cut
- 1/2 medium Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- salt and pepper To Taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 oz Pork Rinds crushed – We use these!
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice the bacon and separate the cauliflower into “macaroni” sized pieces. We do this by hand, but you can also use a knife. Add bacon and cauliflower to the skillet and allow to cook for 5 minutes, or until the bacon is nearly fully cooked.
- Dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and add items to the skillet. Cook for 10 more minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and the onions are translucent. You’ll want to cauliflower to be slightly al dente so that it cooks the remainder of the way in the oven.
- Combine butter, cheddar cheese(1 cup), and heavy cream in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat until everything is melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower mixture into a baking dish. We use an 8×8.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top and mix everything together with a spoon.
- Top with crushed pork rinds and the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp up the topping. Enjoy!